Know, the true nature of your Beloved.
In His loving eyes, your every thought,
Word and movement is always –
He is the One who is Compassionate and Beneficent to all His creation, at all times, without distinction between good and bad. He pours infinite mercy, happiness and bounties upon all His creation.
The Name Ar-Rahman means the One with Much Mercy. It is a Name that is Particular to God and no one else can be given this Name. This type of Mercy is completely comprehensive and Allah shows it to all His creation without exception both in this life and in the Hereafter.
This includes the Compassion He has placed in His creation towards one another, such as the love and compassion a mother has for her child and the ease with which all creatures receive their sustenance.
His Mercy includes the blessings He bestows on His righteous servants and the victory He grants them.
‘In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.’ (Quran 1:1)
‘He is Compassionate and Beneficent to the faithful.’ (Quran 33:43)
‘On those who show Compassion, God is the most Compassionate.’ (Quran 12:64)
‘Invoke Allah or invoke the Most Compassionate, by whatever Name you invoke Him, it is the same, for to Him belong the best Names.’ (Quran 17:110)
‘We have not sent you (O Muhammad) but as a Mercy to all mankind.’ Quran (21:107)
Benefits in the belief of this Name include:-
– Showing gratefulness to God for the Mercy He shows towards us and for the numerous blessings He has bestowed on us.
– Acquiring the quality of Mercy and showing it towards others.
– Thinking of God and having good expectations of Him, exercising patience in times of trials and tribulations, hoping to have our sins forgiven and looking forward to Allah’s help and assistance.
– Striving to receive God’s Mercy by doing things that will help us to reach this noble goal, including:-
– Observing good moral character and showing Mercy and kindness to God’s creation.
– Remembering God, Exalted is He, asking for His forgiveness and demonstrating humility towards Him.
– Doing acts that He likes and abandoning those that He does not like.
– Reflecting upon our actions, so we can improve them, whilst reflecting upon the Holy Quran and the Hadith of the Prophet.